Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Flitting Glimpse into Rug Hooking People

Today I caught up on my reading, as in reading the blogs of the people I follow.

I enjoy reading the little glimpses into their lives.

I have noticed some mutual characteristics of the rug hookers:
  • They seem to live in small towns or in the country.
  • Most grow their own vegetables and preserve them.
  • They are close to their mothers and families.
I am generalizing, I know, but this is what I have observed from the rug hooking blogs that I follow.

When you start writing a blog you may think you know what you want it to be, but along the way the blog starts to take you where it wants to go.

I never thought when I started my blog over a year and a half ago that I would connect with a lot of interesting people all over the country and beyond.

To be completely honest I didn't have a vision for my rug blog at all. My boss asked me to start one, so I did. Now, I write two area rug blogs and I am slowly getting a direction for my rug blogs. The rhythm is flowing.

As I learn more about how to make my blogs better the rhythm will change just as a river changes over time.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary