Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Artistic Chinese

On Tuesday Luv-A-Rug received this beautiful Chinese Tufted area rug for cleaning.

Area rugs are works of art in their own right, but these days it is easy to turn a work of art into a rug.


This type of artistic design is usually done by a famous artist.

This rug is a copy of a famous artist's type of painting since there is no signature on the rug nor does the label on the back give anyone credit for the design.

When I look at this rug it speaks to me.

I cannot describe what it says to me, but the rug draws me in.

Every time I look at the rug I see something different.

We see the rugs out of their element and every now and then I try to picture how the room maybe decorated.


I see this rug in a room with a dark floor, modern cut furniture in a light colour, one wall painted red and a big window overlooking the backyard.

Clean, sleek lines, and a modern feel, that is where this rug belongs.

Wherever this rug rests I am sure it is well loved by it's owners. I know if I had the above described room I would own an area rug like this.

An area rug doesn't have to match the room it is in. When you love a rug you should show it off even if it doesn't quite go with the decor of the room.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary