Saturday, May 2, 2009

Trustworthy Rug Lover

In the last two weeks of April I discovered something about my customer trust skills.

I have been working in Customer Service for 17 years now and I sometimes forget that I do make an impression on the people I interact with.

If you work in the area rug cleaning business you know that you don't see your clients as often as some other industries do, such as grocery store worker, so it can be hard to establish a firm relationship with your clients.

Don't get me wrong we have very faithful clients we just don't get to see them very often. I was taken aback with some of our clients and would like to share what happened. This happened on a Saturday when we do *free* delivery and pick up.

It is no surprise that people feel more at ease giving their credit cards to a person in front of them than to a voice over the phone. Not so much in these cases. All three clients had similar responses when I said that they could pay the delivery guy. They asked if they could give me their card number over the phone. I didn't think anything of it the first time but by the third time it got me thinking.

One of the clients I saw in person earlier that week, so I can see how she felt more comfortable with continuing with me.

I felt very honoured that these clients had enough trust in my voice and my conduct that they entrusted me with their form of payment. It does go beyond just giving me payment for their rug order, but I am having a hard time articulating it.

When the boss does deliveries he hears a lot of compliments about me and the way the Luv-A-Rug does area rug pick ups and deliveries. They like the fact that everything happens exactly like we said it would step by step.

When we book a Saturday pick up or delivery we call between 8-9am on that Saturday to let you know what hour we will be there, that way you aren't waiting around and wasting your day.

After we pick up your rug and we bring it to our shop we do a visual inspection and do up an order. We then call you and explain any problem areas, any repair recommendation, cleaning results and price.

After it is cleaned and any repairs have been done, I again will call you on the following Saturday morning, unless otherwise specified, and I can take payment then or you can give it to the boss when he delivers your clean and lovable rug back to you.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, cheque, and good old cash. We can also help you with rolling up and unrolling your rug. Our service goes beyond just area rug cleaning.

We recommend that you call a week in advance to book a Saturday pick up as Saturdays book up fast. 250-590-6210
Thanks for reading RugloverMary