Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pakistan Bokhara rugs,

I don't really have a specific topic in mind today, so since I have recently gone through all the pictures that are saved on the computer I will talk about one of my favorites.
I love Pakistan area rugs, especially the Bokhara. It was one of the first rugs that I could easily recognize when I started working at Luv-A-Rug. They are in a variety of colours. I have seen a beautiful periwinkle blue, this teal one (pictured) and a gorgeous green one. Pakistan area rugs aren't a set colour scheme unlike most Persians which are red and navy. I am not anti-Persian just anti red and navy. Although rust, red and brown are very common to see. Pakistan rugs are very soft even when they are older and a little worn.
They have the unique trait of the side wrap pulling off, which Luv-A-Rug can repair . I have seen them in unconventional sizes as well. The best was a 7x7 foot in a med blue. Right now we have 3 little ones in the shop, two of which are 1.9 x 1.5 feet. They look like little sample rugs. I can picture them on tables with a plant or photo on them, but that is just what I would use them for. I like the way they are woven too. The back is very tight and is just as pretty as the front. I wrote another blog post about the Bokhara rug that gives a bit more information. Okay I think that I have bored you enough with why I like Pakistan Bokhara area rugs. Thanks for reading, RugloverMary.