Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Area Rugs, My Passion

Today I was thanked by a few clients for sharing my area rug knowledge with them. It seems like a small thing letting people know about different are rugs, but it is not.

I love showing people the difference between:
  • a hand knotted rug and a machine made
  • what to check for when buying a hand tufted rug
  • pros and con's of the different types of area rugs.
My passion shines through when I get talking about area rugs.

My goal is to teach people that area rugs are more than just a floor covering. Area rugs are art, a piece of history, a story, a passion.



Age adds character and quirks to hand knotted area rugs.

To some, this very old Persian rug may be ready to toss, but it is still beautiful and rich with history.

The personal history of this rug is what makes it desired to the owner.

Hand knotted area rugs are the best kind of area rug. When shopping around for hand knotted area rugs, please visit a rug dealer.

Two really good ones are located in Antique Row on Fort St., Victoria, BC.

Babak's Oriental Carpets 919 Fort St. 250-480-7114

Caspian Persian Carpets 824 Fort St. 250-383-3434

Both have great selections of hand knotted rugs and great prices.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary