Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Attention: Spring Cleaners Needed

Last weekend, April 18-20, was the first weekend where the weather was warm, sunny and spring-like in Victoria, BC. FINALLY!!

Today the majority of rugs that Luv-A-Rug has received for cleaning was for regular old dirt. No pet accidents, no flooding, just the accumulation of winter dirt.

Good thing we are the rug experts and love to rid your area rugs of dirt. As along as the weather keeps being nice, the spring cleaners will start popping out from hibernation. I know I did.

I started my "shed off the winter blues" cleaning last weekend. I feel so much lighter when I shed the dreariness of the last few months and start anew.

If I keep going at this rate I may even get up the notion to plant flowers, um.. maybe not. No, that seems a bit much for me because I kill plants faster than a drought plus I wasn't blessed with a green thumb, finger or hand.

I do envy those who are though. I will stick to the dream that someday I will be able to hire someone to maintain a garden for me. That is such a lovely dream.

Remember that if you are packing up your winter rugs to get them cleaned and wrapped professionally for storage. You don't want the surprise of finding out that moths or other unwanted guests made your area rug their summer home.

Luv-A-Rug can clean and wrap your rug to help protect it from unwanted summer visitors. Sorry we cannot help you with the human kind of unwanted visitors. I suggest not having any food in your fridge or cooking badly,(smile).

As we know it is the small things that make the biggest difference. Have you thought about brightening up your patio deck with a rug?

There are great outdoor friendly area rugs to make your outdoor living space a little more cheerier. A new rug for your kitchen can help shed the winter blues and perk up your mornings.

It doesn't have to big or even fancy, just a punch of colour to wake up your senses. That is my suggestion for today, a new rug.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary