Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beautiful Belgium Area Rug

In the first week of March we this area rug brought in for cleaning and repair. The edges were fraying and needed to be re-serged.

When I unrolled the rug I fell in love. The colours, the pattern, it all appealed to me.

This is a machine made wool area rug made in Belgium.




This is a very unique Belgium rug. The design and colours are not traditional of most Belgium rugs I am use to seeing.

This is a more traditional Belgium area rug with the center medallion and thick ornate picture frame border.



The Belgium area rug is in my top five favorite rugs for two reasons:

1- the mental association with Belgium chocolate

2-it was the first rug I could classify without assistance when I started working at Luv-A-Rug.

I remember one Saturday where we received four Belgium area rugs for cleaning. My co-worker kept coming up to the front shop asking me why I didn't need his help. I told him it was because all the rugs were Belgium so I could identify them by myself.

At first glance this rug looked like a synthetic, but after a closer inspection it was in fact a wool Belgium area rug.

Luv-A-Rug is unique in the fact that we identify area rugs based on how they are made or woven and not just if it is wool or synthetic fibers. Just one more thing that makes Luv-A-Rug the area rug experts.

Thanks for reading RugloverMary