Thursday, March 27, 2008

Got worn Fringes, Luv-A-Rug has the fix for that

I was asked by my boss to start a blog to increase Luv-A-Rug's web presence. I am not a rug expert, a wool expert, nor any kind of expert in this field. I write from my daily experiences and the knowledge I gain through reading, research and from my boss. If I write something that you may not like or that you know is untrue please leave me a comment. We cannot learn and grow if we are not corrected or challenged. Remember, also, that we all have our own opinions.

On that note I challenge the Canucks to win. Although watching them play gives me an outlet to channel my frustrations, plus a remote to change the channel!
We have had a lot of rugs come in for edge repair lately. Most of them have been machine repair either with a binding or a serge. I do prefer Chinese, British India and Pakistan Bokara rugs without fringes. They have a much cleaner look to them and the fringe doesn't make the rug look old and worn out.
Now that I have said that I don't like fringes I just had a lady come in and want fringes put on her machine made rug. She will be happy with a double knotted fringe and I am happy that we made her happy.

I had a brain storm this morning as I am biking into work. My brilliant idea is that every two weeks we should get a three day weekend. Now that doesn't have to be Friday to Monday, any three days in a row would do. We do not have enough time in our lives to get the little things done. It is amazing how relaxed I feel when I have crossed off one of those little annoying things off my mental to-do list.
I would love for someone to do a survey asking people that if they:
-could afford to work a 4 day work week would they?
-would they work 10-12 hours a day instead of 8 so they could have a 4 day work week?

I know that I would do both if I could, what would you do?
Thanks for reading, RugloverMary