Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Clean Now!!!

Why wait for nice weather to start your spring cleaning?

For the last couple of weeks now I have been sorting through the piles of stuff that collects through out the months. I figure why not start now before the nice weather comes because once the sun comes out I will want to be outside, not inside. In doing my little clean up I have found out I have an abundance of yarn I need to start using before I buy more. It is funny how quickly hobby/craft items build up.

It is easy to get the winter blahs and when the weather is nice we get more energy, but if you begin now to start the small cleaning jobs you will have more time to spend outside absorbing that vitamin D we love so much. I don't know about you, but I get in the mood to purge my stuff down once or twice a year. I get sick of looking at the little piles of "junk" that seem to pop up everywhere. I look around at all the stuff I have and wonder why I have it, I don't use it, but I don't want to get rid of it either. 

A circle starts and before you know it you are buried under mounds of "stuff" and your family threats to set fire to it all, just to get rid of it. A little extreme, but you know how fast things can pile up when you don't sort through it.

With April beginning in a few days, now is the time to start cleaning your home. Start small by getting the rugs cleaned in the room that you don't use very much right now, clean the inside of your windows, freshen up your spring clothes, sort through the junk drawer, I know the scary junk drawer. I have plastic drawer trays in my junk drawer to separate the "junk" and to keep it organized. I also have 4 plastic basket in my freezer to keep it organized. I use two for meat, one for veggies and fries and one for wraps, buns and misc. It makes it easy to find stuff in the freezer.


It can be difficult to get your rugs cleaned before the snow or rain stop, but it is necessary to get the salt, dirt and grim out of them. With Luv-A-Rug multi-stepped cleaning, we get the deep down dirt and grim out, so you know your rug is clean and healthy to use in your home.

If you have larger rugs to get cleaned, Luv-A-Rug picks them up and delivers them back to you. We do this on Saturdays, so book now to have your rugs cleaned before all the spring cleaners come out of hibernation. 250-590-6210/1-800-886-2802.

Here's to purging the old clutter and starting fresh for spring, RugloverMary