Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rug Cleaning Break

Another week has begun and it is evident that the spring cleaners are out of hibernation.

We have a very full drying room at the moment as I hope that most of the other rug cleaning plants across the world do as well. It is nice that the warmer weather is here finally, although I did have to turn the heat on last night, it was a bit chilly here in Victoria, BC.

As the weather heats up we must try to shake off that childhood instinct that we are free for 3 months. I do miss the carefree days of summer, but I also remember being bored a lot. I grew up in a very small village and there wasn't a lot to do so having the summer off came with mixed feelings.

To help give you a moment to daydream I have a small distraction for you to check out today. My very good friend sent me this link yesterday and I decided to share it. It is bizarre species that can be found on the New Science website.

It is hard for me to choose a favorite they are all very unique and special. It is amazing that we are still discovering new species and hopefully can keep them alive for future generations.

Science intrigues me. It is involved in everything we do including my passion for cooking and crafting. It is a very big part of area rug cleaning as well.

I didn't realize how much until I took a class on carpet and upholstery cleaning. Removing a spot is all about neutralizing it. The pH scale is very important for spot removal and rug cleaning. tht is why there isn't a all-in-one magic spot remover.

It isn't easy to make a solution that can neutralize both acidic and alkaline spills.

Wool is sensitive to a lot of things so knowing how to keep things neutral and happy is the key to happy clients.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary