Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rug Appreciation Morning

I cannot believe how fast the hours are fading away today. I knew that it would be a busy day for us at Luv-A-Rug due to the fact that we were closed for three days. We are normally closed on Sunday and Monday and with Tuesday being a stat. day, I had three days off in a row, yippee for me.
I am going to stray from area rugs for a moment and let you know how weird I am. Monday night I got home around midnight and was bored and needed something to do, so I decided to move the living room furniture around. The only problem was that I needed to clean the carpet first, so at one in the morning on Tuesday there I was shampooing my carpet. I love that I don't have upstairs neighbours right now! I haven't moved the furniture yet, but at least the carpet is cleaned.
Okay back to work. It is already 3:30 and I feel very behind in my daily routine, but I can only do so much in a day.
I am blogging today about an exciting event happening at Emmanuel's Rug & Upholstery Cleaners on 1105 Rainier Ave So. in Seattle, WA, USA on Saturday Dec. 6 from 10am-12pm. It is called a rug appreciation morning. For those of us who have never heard of a rug appreciation morning it is an informal, but informational, gathering where people bring in their area rugs to share or find out the history of their area rug. I am hoping to attend, but it will take some planning. The guest of honour will be none other than Mr. Barry O'Connell of www.spongobongo.com. To be apart of this event it would be best to get there early as there is no reservations, but seating will be limited, phone 206-322-2200 for more details. The success of this rug appreciation morning may led to other such events.
Thanks for reading, RugloverMary